I have been collecting wooden bowls and service pieces to form thrift stores, just as they are not fashionable. The good thing is that they are not! In fact, they are more popular than ever. I found that they cost only $1 each, so wooden pieces are a great way to add a touch of warmth to your desk or use the monitor in other areas of your home.
Because I have never had wooden bowls or platters before, I am not quite sure how to take care of them. Obviously, these works can't play my Darwinist game of dishwasher (ie it can only survive in my home if it can be washed in the dishwasher) so I have to figure out my new love is easy. After a lot of research and product label reading, I found the simplest solution to keep the wood looking beautiful. I have listed a list of techniques that apply to me.
1. Clean the wooden pieces with warm water, mild soap and a soft sponge. Do not submerge your pieces in water because it will cause them to crack and swell. Dry them with a dry towel and dry any other moisture by letting them dry overnight in the air.
2. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to rub a large amount of safe-tasting mineral oil around the wood. You can buy mineral oil at a grocery store or pharmacy - it is used as an intestinal lubricant. Keke. There are other oils and products that can be used to refuel your wood pieces, but mineral oil is the cheapest and easiest to find. My understanding is that mineral oil does not harden, rancid or host microorganisms (yuck!).
3. Place your oiled part on an old towel and put it in a place where you can leave them alone. Allow the oil to soak in the wood for about 24 hours.
4. Use a clean, soft, lint-free cloth to wipe away residual oil from the debris. You will notice that they will have a deeper color and beautiful light.
5. After each use of food (or when cleaning as a decorative item), follow the detailed instructions in Step 1 to clean them. do not worry! After each use, you don't need to oil the bowl - only if you feel that you have lost a deeper color and luster.
I have a great plan for these works in these top secret plans and incorporate them into my table in a very interesting way.