When you prepare a variety of foods on a cutting board, bacteria and odor get left behind regularly, leaving you in need of a cleaning and disinfection method that will get rid of all the germs and foul smells without causing damage to the cutting board itself. If you have a wooden cutting board that is sized to comfortably fit inside your microwave oven, disinfection becomes a quick and easy task to complete.
Fill your sink with an equal combination of hot water and white vinegar, using enough liquid to submerge the cutting board.
Place your wooden cutting board in the vinegar and water mixture, and let it sit for one minute. This allows the liquid to absorb into the board.
Place the cutting board on a large microwave-safe plate and put both in the microwave.
Turn on the microwave for one minute at high heat. The steam from the water and vinegar will naturally deep-clean and disinfect the wood, while soaking it in the solution beforehand prevents heat damage.
Allow the cutting board to cool for two to three minutes and remove it from the microwave.